Saturday, February 12, 2011

Program on Open Heart Meditation

Those of you who attended either of last Sunday's teachings in my office had the opportunity to meet Lama Tsering. I very much enjoyed his warmth, humor, and broad ecumenical spirit.

The next Heart Centered Living Program for Monday February 14th will be the many facets of love followed by an open heart meditation led by Lama Tsering. Come celebrate Valentine's Day with us in unity.
   
  My name is Lama Thubten Gonpo Tsering. If I may introduce myself briefly to you: I am American, recognized as a reincarnate Lama in 1958. I have had the great privilege to study with some of the greatest Spiritual Teachers in the World, learning not only in the Vajrayana Buddhist tradition, but also, living in Northern India for many years, becoming part of the Nath Sampradaya, learning and teaching in the Himalayan Tradition, and studying in depth with Taoist sages in Thailand and China. I feel blessed to have apprenticed with Buriyat Shamans in Mongolia and Russia, and spent time with Shamans and American Indian Elders in North and South America.

For the last few years, I am so grateful to have met and spent time with a wonderful Indonesian teacher, Irmansyah Effendi, who teaches Reiki Tummo and Open Heart meditation. Heart is the key to our connection with the Divine. This has led me to explore developing Heart Dzogchen and "heartfulness" meditation, in difference to the traditional "mindfulness" Buddhist practices. Kindly, visit www.heartsanctuary.org, or
www.padmacahaya.org

All Programs are held in the meditation room at the First Congregational Church,
30 Main Street, Binghamton, NY
Doors open at 5:30 & programs run from 6:00-8:00
Monetary Love Offerings are appreciated.

No comments: