Sunday, October 9, 2016

Retirement

Below is a description of my impending retirement from my psychotherapy practice. Although intended primarily for current and past clients, I am sending it to my entire email list and posting to my blog. I want to make as many people as possible aware of this change in my work status.
Michael

I have decided to close my private psychological practice effective October 31, 2016. As most of you know, I partially retired over 3 years ago, but discovered then that I wan’t ready to stop completely. For the past few years, I have maintained a part time practice. However, I just turned 70 years old, and that seems like a good time to reduce my work responsibilities further. I have been discussing this topic for at least the last 3-4 years, so I do not think it will be a surprise to anyone. I first arrived in Binghamton in August of 1975 to work as a staff psychologist at the University Counseling Center of Binghamton University. Within a year and a half, I opened a part-time private practice at 46 Riverside Drive, which became full time in 1982. I have grown and learned so much from my years working in our community. I am tremendously grateful to all of you who shared your life’s journey with me. I appreciate your trust and hope I have been helpful to you. Those of you whom I am still seeing in individual psychotherapy will have an opportunity to discuss with me the need for further psychotherapy and possible referral resources. For those of you whom I am not curently seeing, I am available to discuss opportunities for referrals for further psychological work with local psychotherapists as needed.
I am looking forward to continuing to teach, write and especially travel. I will continue to live primarily in Binghamton, and to give talks and workshops locally. Thank you all for your support and kindness over the years.

Michael Hall, PhD

No comments: